I’m not a massive fan of Valentine’s Day. It’s kind of cute at school, when people exchange anonymous cards (apart from when you don’t get any), but when you get older, it’s either a really depressing day for being single OR a weird enforced ‘YOU MUST HAVE A SPECIAL NIGHT TONIGHT’ night if you’re in a relationship. Having said that, I probably will make a card for Peter, because if I don’t I’ll feel like a Valentine’s Grinch. So I’ve been scouring the web for the best, non-cheesy Valentine’s Day cards I can find for some inspiration.
There is a LOT of schmaltz out there, but am please to say I’ve found some! Here are five of my favourites:
1. You’re the bees knees, from Wit and Whistle
2. Happy Valentine’s Day to my favourite DILF on Etsy
3. Funny Valentine’s cards on Etsy
4. I like-like you letterpress on Etsy
5. Heart stamp on NOTHS (okay, a little cheesy, but it’s pretty and you could use it every year…)
(Oh, and if you DO love Valentines Day and DO want some give something very cheesy, but also beautiful and wonderful, Pablo Neruda’s poetry is pretty good for saying ‘I really love you’.)