Holly from Decor8 recently suggested a really nice blog idea – choose some of our favourite blogs and celebrate them, as part of a big #BlogHug! There are so many amazing blogs out there, it’s hard to choose which my absolute favourites would be (I love all of them!), so instead I thought I’d highlight some of the amazing PEOPLE I have met recently, who also run blogs.
On Monday this week, Lynne, from the wonderful Papermash online stationery shop, held a little creative get-together in a bar in Clapham. So, in no particular order, here are six wonderful women I met earlier this week, whose blogs you should definitely read:
- Papermash – Lynne’s online shop, Papermash, has got so many beautiful products – her blog is updated once a week or so, and always has interesting content, including creative ideas about what to do with the fun washi tapes you might buy from her and tidbits about what’s happening in her life. Lynne organised the jam jar decoration event Hannah and I went to last year, and she also arranged this week’s event, which I very much hope will happen again!
- This is Your Kingdom – I absolutely love the idea behind this site, which helps you find different, interesting things to do all around the UK. Hannah, who runs the site, was sharing some of the highs and lows of their recent redesign process, which I think looks absolutely fantastic. Their contributors include Jeska of Lobster and Swan and they have been featured in loads of press, including Stylist and Red Magazine. If you love travelling around the UK and writing about it, they are currently looking for new writers.
- My Creative Photography – I’ve met Michelle a few times now, and it was great to see her and congratulate her on her engagement earlier this year. How gorgeous is her ring!? Michelle takes wonderful photographs, so unsurprisingly her blog is beautiful and full of inspiration!
- Patchwork Harmony – technically this is two recommendations in one, as Caroline, who I met on Monday for the first time, also runs 91 Magazine, which is a quarterly interiors online magazine, which I love. Patchwork Harmony is full of DIYs and fun projects for the home, and is a new favourite read of mine.
- Decorator’s Notebook – I had never met Bethan before, or read her blog, but I’m adding it to my reading list after Monday, particularly after I spotted that my bedroom wallpaper features on one of her recent blog posts!
- Startup Wife – And finally, I actually didn’t get a chance to speak to Emily. As I was moving to chat to her, her burger arrived and I thought it might be a bit off-putting if I were to rock up mid-bite! But hopefully I’ll get a chance to at the next event, as I love reading about her startup lifestyle!
There are so many blogs I wanted to give a hug to – this is just a small sample! Thanks so much to Lynne for arranging the evening – Peter was cooking, so I couldn’t stay long, but it was so nice to catch up with this creative bunch of women. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to speak to more people, but am already looking forward to the next event – meeting some friendly bloggers by the seaside later on this month!
To see the blogs that I check once a week (at least!), head over to my ‘Blogs I love’ Pinterest board…